Mark Barclay Ministries
As you probably know, our president gave a press conference yesterday, announcing some of the things they are working on. It has spawned a lot of questions from those who look to me for leadership. I’m also getting a lot of questions about church services and other matters. So here are suggestions as of today, Tuesday evening, March 17.
- Remember that this is an evolving situation. It is obvious that most of our leaders really don’t know what to do and are learning as they go. Because of this, we are getting not only scattered information but information that is frequently changing.
- Realize that we are dealing with local, state, and federal government. We are doing our best to decipher between all of them and what they are actually doing. For example, the last official word from our governor “was” that gatherings must be limited to 250 people or less, and then it changed again this evening to 50 people or less. A local city in our state is reporting 25 or less, and the White House has “advised” people not to gather in groups of more than 10. (Please understand this is “advice” and NOT an executive order of the president at this writing.)
- My first line of advice is to research and verify everything you can—as accurately as you possibly can and regardless of the source—about what is going on in your state and also in your city. We are noticing differences between what is being communicated at a state level compared to what your mayor is saying, so you’ll need to be diligent to stay current with this moving target.
- There is a difference between our officials saying they “suggest,” “recommend,” “mandate,” or “order” certain restrictions and limits. Obviously, if something is mandatory, it could become a law, and you could be guilty of a misdemeanor or even greater if you break that law. If it’s not mandatory, it is left to your own discretion and certainly would not be enforced.
- Remember, you are probably the only strong, stable, godly, spiritual voice anyone in your church is listening to. As a spiritual leader in the Kingdom, it is mandatory that you continue to cast the vision and bring hope and faith to your people. Do your best to accomplish this at least every couple days to counteract all the conflicting and inaccurate information they are receiving by TV, phone, text, or other media.
- What we are doing here is complying the best we can to the “mandatory” demands. For example, yesterday we were required to limit attendance to under 250, so we split our congregation and scheduled extra services, therefore keeping the attendance at each service below the maximum. Now that the maximum number has been lowered, we will regroup and either have church in smaller groups or use a variety of electronic options to continue to provide church and minister to people.
- JESUS is Lord over America, NOT COVID-19! Even our president asked us to pray and stated that we are a nation that turns to God, especially in the time of trouble. In case you haven’t seen it, here is his declaration:PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP, FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020
“It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15, as a National Day of Prayer. We are a country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these. No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn toward prayer in an act of faith. Together we will easily PREVAIL.”
- The last thing we need is for our people to stop giving or withhold the tithe and therefore risk their protection and blessing while already dealing with a very challenging and life-altering attack. I suggest that you provide options and communicate instructions for them call it in by phone, give online, drop it off at the church office, mail it, etc.
- We must beat the fear, even with people’s finances, and not allow this to crush our churches. As a leader, you know this could shut down many churches in your state and across the nation. If our people get scared, stay home, and don’t give or tithe, there are many churches that won’t be able to make it even two or three weeks.
- Our approach must be spiritual AND natural. We cannot afford to choose one or the other but must deal with this on both levels. James said, “…Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18). Don’t allow anyone to bully you or belittle you for recommending both natural things to stay safe and healthy as well as spiritual warfare against this enemy. As simple as that may sound, lead them in this spiritual warfare. We cannot pray only, but we must pray.
- Pray to God that all the stupid thinking, stupid decision making, and stupid overreacting will cease.
- Regardless of all the events that may seem painful or actually are painful, this is a great practice run for the Church to make sure that now and in the future we have a plan to contact our people, keep track of them, keep them gathered together, encourage them, and minister the Word of God to them.
- We are the Church! We’re not going to go into holes and hiding. We’re not going silent. We’re not going to disassemble, and we’re surely never going away!
I know God will lead you and guide you, and you will lead and guide your people as the great Kingdom leaders you are. All of us here at MBM are praying for you, and I’m doing my best to provide leadership to you in this field of battle.
I have declared this over my congregation for decades, every time I minister the Word. It has become the official benediction of Living Word International Church. May it bless you today.
PSALM 91 CONFESSION
I confess Psalm 91 over you right now, in Jesus’ name.
I say that no evil shall befall you, and no plague shall come nigh your dwelling, for He has given His angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways.
I say that no drugged or drunk driver, no rapist, no burglar, no murderer, no suicide, no terrorist, no evil spirit, no evil person, no sickness, no disease, no fire, no flood, no crash… none of these evil things shall come near you or your immediate loved ones.
You are going to live in great peace, great joy, great prosperity, great safety, and be a powerful witness for Him, in Jesus’ name!
Please know that all of us here at Living Word Church and Mark Barclay Ministries are praying for your health and protection.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues…
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
2 CHRONICLES 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.